Friday, May 12, 2017

Jack's Quilt...


I have a two-year-old grandson, Jack, that calls me on the phone often. Actually, it's his mother that {usually} calls, but he is always sitting next to her wanting to talk... and talk he does. I'm fairly certain this kid will be a inspirational speaker or car salesman when he grows up. Jack always greets me with a "hello," and then promptly asks if Beau is available to chat. Beau is our dog. Here's a picture of Beau last year in puppyhood...


I think Jack calls me just to get a glimpse of Beau. He loves Beau. Last Thanksgiving when Jack's family was visiting, Beau wanted nothing to do with Jack. Beau avoided Jack at all costs, but Jack was undeterred by Beau's nonchalant attitude. Jack continues to love on Beau long distance, and Beau continues to be unimpressed by Jack's loyalty. The fact is Jack is a doggie lover, so I couldn't help but make this quilt for him...


I wanted to showcase the dog fabric {Kaufman Urban Zoologie Weenie Dogs Red} so I kept those blocks nice and big and framed them with two fabrics I purchased at Hobby Lobby {dog paw prints and arrows}.


I love the swirly design that I chose for the quilting. It's cute and playful -- much like Jack.


Sometimes fabric choices are made in heaven, like this one...


For the back of the quilt, I used the arrow fabric with scraps from the quilt...


{Those funny vertical lines in the photos are the sunlight coming through the slats in the fence.}


I'm really pleased with how this quilt turned out, and I can't wait till Jack opens his quilt on Christmas morning!